This long standing family business began with the establishment of C.Marey and Comte Liger-Belair in 1720 at Nuits Saint-Georges. They once owned majestic holdings of 40 hectares including the famed sites of La Romanee and La Tache.
In 2001, Thibault Liger-Belair set up this eponymous domaine to exploit his share of the family’s historic vineyards, 7.25 hectares distributed over 5 communes. He then creates simultaneously the wine merchant company, Thibault Liger-Belair Successeurs.
A bubbly, pragmatic man with a cheerful smile, Thibault proclaimed he should be doing just what is necessary and his main aim is to produce crus of great purity, without artificial means or excessive extraction. Since the 2005 vintage, Thibault has successfully employed bio-dynamic treatment for all his 100% owned vineyard parcels.