This great château is located on the plateau of Pomerol, lying on deep gravel next to its famous neighbours Château Lafleur and Château Petrus. It was acquired by Ets. Jean-Pierre Moueix in 1953.
In 1994 Ets. Jean-Pierre Moueix acquired from Miss Marie Robin (also the owner at the time of Château Lafleur and Le Gay) a 4 hectare block belonging to Château Le Gay facing Château Lafleur. On this block stood an old but elegant house dating back to 1782 which in 1996 was completely restored and equipped with a new cellar and which has become the the new château worthy of the estate and the wine.
Château La Fleur-Pétrus’s deep gravel gives the wine its fragrant elegance and distinction. The château’s vineyards were devastated by the frosts of 1956 and were replanted. As the vineyards have matured, so quality has steadily increased. The addition of old Cabernet Franc from Le Gay has augmented this.
|Planted Area:||14.4 hectares|
|Grape Varieties:||80% Merlot and 20% Cabernet Franc|
|Type of Soil:||Gravel|